Tuesday, September 7

minimal exposure

As has been said, bloggish anonymity allows expression with a less threatening level of exposure. Cathartic, with minimal cleanup, if one takes accurate and honest aim.

I mean to be authentic, to offer another unique voice, and to share my thoughts on the predicament of life and the human condition as it applies -- or not -- to my particular situation: life as a Canadian expat in Israel, a nonconformist who lives in the country not entirely happily, in a decidedly UNorthodox marriage with, clearly, NOT the prescribed number of children, nor the standard matriarchal attitude to proper family meals, even on Friday nights. This is the Squarepeg blog, because even after 20 years here, that's what I feel like.

If I can be both searingly honest and also make myself laugh, I will feel that I have launched upon a successful blogging endeavor.

Heartfelt thanks go out, in advance, as it were, to all honest bloggers out there, whether anonymous or not, who have gone before and given me strength.

1 Comments:

At 4/10/04 12:57, Blogger Lioness said...

I think I like you! I checked in briefly yesterday but was too exhausted to be able to really read. I'm working my way up now. I'm a bit of a squarepeg too so this should be fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home