Wednesday, October 6

snorefest

It's a cloudy, but warm, day. Light rain has even been forecast, always a big deal after the long hot summer.

As soon as I got out of bed I went to the internet to read the reviews of the debate, just to make sure there would be no nasty surprises, then I got my tape out of the vcr and started watching -- ff through Wolf and the other empty yakking heads of cnn, then finally the start. Less than 30 seconds into Cheney's first reply I was already glazing over. People, this is NOT good tv!! His boss was way more entertaining! And Edwards was just repeating the exact same script that Kerry spoke a few days ago! What does he think, that people would be watching him but wouldn't have watched the infinitely more amusing Main Guy Event? He needs better writers. By Cheney's reply no. 2 (and goddam if that wasn't the longest question I've ever heard in the history of tv -- what was that moderator smoking?) I was already fast-forwarding to the sexy parts ... except I never found any. Five minutes later, I decided this wasn't the most interesting way to spend my day and turned off the tv. I wonder how many actual voters those two guys put to sleep?

--> UPDATE: managed to get through the debate later on in the day, and was impressed by Edwards' fine showing compared to the arrogant, flippant (did I mention BORING?) Cheney. Veep didn't even seem to be taking the debate format seriously, putting no intensity whatsoever into his answers, sometimes opting not to respond at all. And when you have just 30 seconds for comment and you waste a big chunk with the moronic, "Wall, Gwen, I hardly know where to begin ..." -- gimme a break. Bravo to Edwards -- he gave some solid speeches once he found his stride.<--

Is it really possible John Edwards is 51? He looks like 30 to me, and Cheney looks like his elderly father.

I'm reading way too many pessimistic opinions that the black hats are going to come out ahead at the end of this movie, and it's really bringing me down.

So it's ANOTHER erev-hag today, the last one of the season. Weird day today, holiday tomorrow, Friday is erev-shabat, then shabat, and then on Sunday we can finally get into the routine of the school year, hopefully find a job, get ourselves out of the house, make some money, quiet the barking dogs, and basically get on with our lives! The depressed husband scene is such a downer.

If I can just get myself to go to the gym, I'm sure I'll feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home