Monday, July 11

traffic blues

How I hate my stupid little commute.

Yesterday I left for work at 8:55 am and was caught in traffic so bad it took me an hour and a half to do what, on a Saturday, takes 20 minutes. (Of course, my roommate-colleague was not so lucky: she never made it to work, having been rear-ended by a pick-up and spending the majority of her day at the hospital being diagnosed with whiplash. Seems I'll be on my own this week.) I was so pissed when I finally rolled into work after bumper-to-bumper jams that I swore I'd find a way to get up earlier today and beat the masses to the highway.

And then I had to watch a movie that needed to be returned to BB today (Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou; interesting little movie....) which took till midnite, and then I couldn't fall asleep right away ...

Set my clock for 7 am but didn't need it, because the excessive heat woke me already at 6. Putter, putter, putter, and I was out by 7:15. YAY! SUCCESS! But the traffic was STILL heavy! However, I managed to get to work in half an hour anyway, so no harm done.

Except for my utter lack of sleep. [YAWN] Damn, I'm tired.

1 Comments:

At 11/7/05 21:46, Blogger squarepeg said...

oh yeah, that magical, illusory, IF only there were no traffic.
It turned out that the upside today was that EVERYbody complained about traffic today, especially if they left a little later, and even if they live close by. The apparent reason? Maccabiah Games opening today. (Welcome to the Israeli blog that associates that with nothing but a traffic problem.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home