Friday, October 8

the fog lifts

We're into a fresh cycle here, and things are looking better. Yesterday was a low point in many ways, but the Mr. and I have had it out and there will be smoother sailing for a while. He's even promised to "submit" to some therapy once I'm making some money. Whew! And the kid had a great day with the camels. But her really big excitement today: she's discovered coffee. The Bedouins make it in very special pots, with lots of ritual; it comes out like mud and very bitter. How on earth my little sugar addict decided she now loves coffee, I'm at a loss to explain, but she did indeed guzzle half my cappuccino when we went out to drink later on!

And how could this not help my mood: After nearly two months back here I've suddenly discovered that The Daily Show with Jon Stewart IS on here! The problem is that there are so many channels, and I've hardly been watching tv, and the tv guide was in Hebrew -- well, I decided to study it very hard, and lo and behold, there it was, on a channel we never watch. And THEN, today, I finally got my laptop hooked up to a network with the desktop, and now I can go wireless all over the house! I promptly upgraded my system, then upgraded my windows media player to version 9, and voila! I'm Jon's love slave again, happy like a junkie who finally got her fix. Damn, I've missed him.

More debate tonite, so you know what that means: yep, more snickering with sweet Jon tomorrow! Yeah, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home