Monday, July 11

i heart cary tennis

Ever since Cary Tennis started dishing out his interesting advice on Salon nearly four years ago, I've been repeatedly and inevitably struck with amazement at the man's earthy, poetic wisdom. Even when he published my letter to him, early on, and basically threw a relatively nasty bucket of cold water over my self-involvement, I was in awe of his talent at expressing himself.

And he's continued to churn out that high quality product every few days for nearly four years, along with the occasional piece unconnected with advice-giving. I particularly remember A Birthday that will Live in Infamy, the one that began, "This year for my birthday I got a terrorist attack." I love Cary's voice for its depth and soul.

He's done it again today, and this one,
Middle age is hitting me hard is really a great read, a perfect companion this week to the review of Anna Karenina in Salon's other current feature, Summer School of classical reading.

Only for those who are strong enough to let the sad in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home