Saturday, October 9

shrill harpy

Debate number two is under our belt and I'm feeling good about this. What about it, all you naysayers? Still think Bush will win anyway? For decades it's been common wisdom that the image projected during these debates is all-important, and Bush came off this time as even more shrill and defensive than during the first debate. And it obviously hurt so much not to scowl that his stress was transformed into eye-twitching. Or was he winking at Laura in the wings?

Unless those bastards pull bin Laden out of their collective ass on November 1, I think Kerry may just pull this off.

Check this out for a laugh:
Bill Maher is no Jon Stewart, but he wrote a very convincing piece for Salon where he claims we should stop pretending that George Bush is so macho because, plainly, he acts like a girl. Damned if that doesn't all make sense after watching how the little vixens in my daughters seventh grade class operate. One of Maher's examples: Bush said of Kerry, "He hurt the Iraqi prime minister when he said he wasn't legitimate -- the bitch." And Maher forgot to even include how intent Bush has been on manipulating China and Korea in order to get his way while avoiding the appearance of being bossy.

Speaking of seventh grade girls, we saw "Thirteen" on dvd last night, and that was scarier and closer to home than any terrorist attack, let me tell you. It somehow reassured me, for a change, that I made the right decision to reunite my daughter and her father. The movie made me so shaky I spent the next hour hugging her and telling her what I appreciated about her.

1 Comments:

At 9/10/04 16:13, Blogger Lioness said...

I also watched the debate and frankly, I expected Bush to come across much stupider - someone has been drilling him good and those poor people are worth every penny. He still looks, talks, acts and grimaces like a total imbecil. Still, I am not hopeful bcs his family owns half of the US in assets and influence so what will prevent them from buying his way into the presidency once again? I so hope I'll be wrong but really, it's all gloomy to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home