Saturday, July 30

just an orange napkin

Mr. Squarepeg and I were at a lovely, breezy Tel Aviv restaurant on Friday afternoon before saying good-bye to my in-laws for a month (they're off on their annual R&R in the environs of Munchen. With the heat hitting 40 deg. C these days, escape is almost mandatory).

"Knafeh" specializes in a cheese-filled and syrup- and pistachio-covered Arab pastry of the same name (also known as "kadaiffeh", I believe). Also offered for you non-kosher and non-vegetarian types, a delicious hummus-with-ground lamb. It was mouth-watering.

The pretty paper napkins on the table were orange. It's a sign of how successful the orange campaign of the anti-pullout movement has become, that even this napkin needed to proclaim its innocence. Stamped on it, in Hebrew, was "I'm not political; I'm just an orange napkin."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home