Monday, September 13

Finally, validation of my negativity!

Math shows that empathizing with your partner could lead to divorce

from "The Calculus of Coitus" www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/09/13/math/index.html

So someone (actually, Australian Dr. Clio Cresswell) has written a book that lays out the mathematical calculations that help explain sex and relationships. It's full of Ph.D-only equations that prove, among other things, that I'm still married BECAUSE and not in spite of my negativity. Dr. Cresswell posits that empathizing too much -- i.e. holding in that criticism or complaint of Significant Other (SO)'s behavior -- leads to a higher rate of divorce.

Say it with me: "You're getting on my nerves!"

1 Comments:

At 4/10/04 13:16, Blogger Lioness said...

:DDD (Oh, I haven't thanked you for delurking! I don't mind lurkers, it's just that I'm homesick.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home