Monday, October 25

appliances keep going on the blink

I thought our 14-yr-old dishwasher had given up the ghost yesterday evening, just into the wash cycle. The noise had stopped and the light was off. Amazing that it's never given us a problem in all these years. Mr. S opened it up, saw lots of water and immediately began to lament our "continued bad luck" -- which naturally is understood to be my fault. I didn't bother pointing out to him (as I've attempted to do so many times) the many blessings we enjoy that he is conveniently (?) ignoring, but is it any wonder that I contemplate piling the mayo on his sandwich at lunchtime and and turning a blind eye to his liter-a-day consumption of diet coke?

Our trusty technician arrived this morning and put humpty-dumpty's wires all back together again (the dishwasher, that is; there's not much hope for Mr. S) -- it was just one broken/burnt out wire, plus a little accumulated grunge -- but there goes another 150 shekels we didn't plan on spending and apparently got "nothing" for. So goes one person's way of thinking anyway...

Ooof, the cleaning lady's on her way. I must go tidy up some more crap before she hides things where I won't be able to find them ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home