Thursday, November 18

sugar shock

My blog's gone wonky. What happened, I don't know; I only noticed yesterday but it may have been longer. I've spent about an hour comparing the template to the original template of the design and I don't see any problem. I'm open to suggestions. Help! (Have written to Blogger Help, but am not holding breath, L.)

--> UPDATE: Thanks to the great Lioness, I fixed the problem, which may have been imaginary or only on my main computer screen, but in any case, it's now gone. Good riddance. Onward.

P.S. Salsa class kinda sucked. Just 10 women came, no men, and that's a little sterile for me. The teacher, who pissed everyone off by arriving 15 minutes late, had to dance with each of us one by one while everyone else stood around. Still, when he played the music it was fun. I'm going back next week, but first I'm gonna see if posting a message on our local newsgroup can scare up some chicos.

------------
Well, maybe I didn't exactly kill yesterday. Since if I had killed, I would assume my phone would be ringing off the hook today. But no. BAH.

On the other hand, the owner of the English school I've been making half-hearted attempts to contact for the past month finally called today to invite me in to talk on Sunday. At least it's something -- my backup plan. I really don't want to teach English anymore. I got sick long ago of hearing myself repeat the same grammar explanations over and over. But it's lucrative part-time work, so I really shouldn't complain.

There I was, yesterday, fantasizing about how I was going to juggle two job offers. And here I am, today, eating old ice cream with cookies crumbled in it. Right after a Milky with extra whipped cream. Excuse me for a moment while I purge.

Oh my god, this is so Bridget Jones. ... I feel nauseous again.

Fortunately, I'm going to a new salsa class this evening, so that should perk me up. Haven't salsa'd for many many months ... now I'll get a weekly dose, and not far from home either.

This is the second night in a row I'm getting some culture: Last night I went to the first lecture in a series on Philosophy in Film, which was riveting. If only it was in English! Concentrating in Hebrew -- at that level, especially, as the professor from TA University is no language slouch -- was exhausting, and I miss good bits every now and again. But it seems that philosophy in film (or anywhere, really) can basically be summarized in one word: alienation. The cell phone has become the ultimate symbol for our obsessive need to feel Not Alone. And great film reveals the emptiness of the human soul, searching in all the wrong places for ways to fill it up.

In short, life as we live it is like a dish of ice cream. With crumbled cookies and extra whipped cream.

1 Comments:

At 19/11/04 00:37, Blogger Lioness said...

I salsate as well!!! isn't it the best????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home