Tuesday, November 2

super wednesday

Big day tomorrow, must get to bed early so I can get up super early and [please god!!] hear Kerry has won DECISIVELY, then get ready for a job interview. Loved reading that Jimmy Breslin of Newsday has no doubts. These things help when you're under stress.

Things are percolating on the job front; I can feel something coming very soon. In fact, today I was all but offered an interesting sort of job with a very dynamic woman who is building her own business with an alternative health product. I'm not sure if I'll end up taking that, as there would be different advantages to having the more corporate type of position, but it's out there. The last interview I went to is still open, with the HR person on holiday. And today I also got a call from that HORRIBLE company that treated me like garbage when I went for a 3-hr test. This was from the HR woman I never met, but she sounded as indifferent on the phone as the others I spoke to there. She wanted to inform me that the job I'd applied for was filled, but that it might re-open, and that they were keeping my test on file. (Buncha flip-floppers.) I asked her how I did on the test, and she said, "Just fine." So then I told her about my experience with her company that day (and when I phoned about two weeks later to be told by the gum-chewing receptionist that HR woman was on holiday but "apparently you didn't get the job" ['c'nireh sheh'lo hitkabalt']), and she sounded pretty shocked at the treatment, though she laughed when I told her about fart-guy. It was nice to get that off my chest, and I really don't know if I'd accept a job at that company if it was offered; I'd check it out, I guess, but I get the distinct feeling I'd have very little chance of being happy there.

I'm on nurse duty now, so I hope I can get some sleep: Mr. S came home at noon and crawled into bed with a fever and the whines; has consumed lots of herb tea, hastily cooked chicken soup (nice that I had a package of chicken legs in the freezer), and of course Echinacea/Goldenseal drops. I'm taking them too as I was feeling borderline weird today as well. Was it the strange hot dry howling wind? Was it the phantom of the missing chair? Pre-election jitters? I don't know, but I opened a bottle of Merlot and made it worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home