Monday, November 8

life of a minion

from Merriam-Webster: minion a servile dependent, follower, or underling
Etymology: Middle French mignon darling

do not like the environment of my new job at all, and am hoping to make it temporary v. soon. received call for second interview at major corporation in decent location and squealed with happiness. challenge: how to fit second interview into newly packed schedule?

My new boss is under extreme pressure and although I want to help her very much, I have been with her in the same small room with barely a break for the bathroom for 20 hours over the past two days and I also haven't had much sleep, so today really sucked. Strangely, though, she takes me out for long, lazy lunches where we pigged out today on baby backribs AND sushi! This feels very incongruous with the tenor of the rest of the day, and I'm uncomfortable with how long we loll, but it is the only joy to be had in this job.

This is what she calls me in her Margaret Thatcher accent: "Dahling" ... but what she really means is "minion" -- or she who must obey, or be bullied and spoken to very sharply.

"There are no small parts, only small actors."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home