Thursday, December 23

sperm swimming upstream

That's what job-hunting competition feels like. I am one of millions (ok, realistically, probably hundreds, but it might as well be millions) of teeny-tiny organisms rushing to score every time a job opening is published. What are the odds I will be the one to penetrate the great ovum-company, the one destined to thrive and finally bring home some bacon? Every time I get an interview the odds go way up as others fall by the wayside, and yet there are always a few alphasperm just ahead of me.

Today I had another interview with a nice, solid company. Looked boring as hell, really, but I kept reminding myself to keep my focus on what I want out of this, not on the pain it will cost me. Really, the people were very friendly and it wouldn't be all that bad, I'm sure. Good sign: within 3 hrs of leaving there, they called me back for a second interview next week.

Maybe this will be the one.

2 Comments:

At 23/12/04 22:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great! What a funny analogy- you really had me laughing there.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you, uh, penetrate this one!

 
At 24/12/04 03:26, Blogger Lioness said...

Well then, may you get your pro shag! Appendixes crossed, as always!!! [And you, my dear, are an Alpha, no doubt abt that. Trust me, that's my field.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home