Monday, August 15

working overtime

We're in the home stretch here, now. Little Ms. returns in 6 days. It's been very quiet around here ... damn, we're spoiled!

So, in anticipation, I've been working a few extra hours this week in order to build up credit and be able to work a bit less next week. In any case, I have an unusually large workload this month. Tonight, I stayed until 9:15 pm, a new record for me, just working on uploading files to our new website. I must admit I was in a very zen flow and didn't want to stop, knowing that to break my stride would mean it would take me twice as long to do the same thing tomorrow. It takes me a very long time to get my engine revving ... something about my brain's hard drive re-booting overnight. The weekend re-boot is even worse, and after my 6-day holiday -- fugeddaboudit!! I actually had a manager come to work with me on something I had half-finished and put on my task list, and when he came I couldn't for the life of me remember what or where that document was, or what I had to do with it. Thank god another colleague (who usually gives me nothing but headaches) came through this time. My filing system looked so logical before I went tripping...

The evening's in the office can be very nice, once the cleaning staff finishes puttering around with their trash-emptying, desk-dusting, and noisy vacuuming. No phones, no radios, no boss calling for help ... sweeeet.

And I'm ahead by 5 hours already, which earns me a free trip to the airport next Monday afternoon. Pass Go and collect one freshly-minted teenager.

1 Comments:

At 17/8/05 18:08, Blogger squarepeg said...

Welcome, keith and morning star!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home