Wednesday, August 3

i should be packing

I hate packing. Packing inspires anxiety in a control freak. My just-in-case medicine bag that takes up a quarter of the suitcase testifies to this phenomenon.

Gotta have headache pills. And bandaids. And cold sore medication. And conjunctivitis ointment (once got pink eye during a flight and was so pissed not to have ointment handy). And alka-seltzer (OH yeah, you know I'm gonna eat the whole thing). And my trusty echinacea-golden seal drops. All of these just-in-case. And naturally my period's due so that ups the ante some.

And trying to think about the weather, which will certainly not be all-hot-all-the-time, like we dress for here, from June through October. Layers, pack layers. And an umbrella; it's been raining in Prague every day (not that there's anything wrong with that). And then there's the shoe issue. I'll probably wear my running shoes full-time, as nothing else will be comfortable.

Mr. Squarepeg has taken our cat to my empty mother-in-law's apt. in Tel Aviv, where their neighbor will look in on him (and sit with him daily, I hope). It does pain me to abandon him this way, but can I really justify living my life around the needs of a cat? I love him, but I think not. That would be the kid's domain.

Well, must get back to the smelly suitcase. Thanks for the good wishes. And yes, I WILL be paying attention to the emergency instructions. Although they'll probably be in Czech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home