Sunday, February 6

coincidence? i think not.

Does anybody else automatically click away or change the channel every time the phrase "state of the union" is mentioned? I can't imagine giving my attention to anything less consequential or more full of shit as shrub's public statement.

The definitive comment on that came by email from my father (thanks, Dad!):

It was ironic juxtaposition how Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred on the same day.

One involved a meaningless ritual in which we looked to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication; and the other involved a groundhog.


3 Comments:

At 6/2/05 22:43, Blogger squarepeg said...

why, thank you! but I can't actually take the credit for this one ...

 
At 7/2/05 23:00, Blogger B2 said...

As I understand it, Dubya saw his lengethening shadow of lies and deceit -- and so we're going to have six more years of war.

"...the winter of our discontent..."

 
At 8/2/05 16:44, Blogger Lioness said...

Hey, I'm in! Blogger's feeling happy today. My friend V. sent me that also but I couldn't bear to speak of the troll in my blog right now, am glad you did, this is such a pearl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home