Friday, February 18

Yam HaMelach mini-break

I think that's what Bridget Jones called it. In Israel, it's a "weekend" -- starts Friday, ends by Saturday evening, 24 hours and a bit. Mr. Squarepeg and I are going to the Dead Sea for a day's rest from our usual addictions (me: internet; him: tv soccer and sports gambling) and will pamper ourselves with massages and mud treatments and the soothing hypnotic view of the glassy "sea".

The past week at work has been hard mostly because of having a cold, despite not being a heavy one, other than a lot of nose-blowing. The week started out cold, but then got very hot and dry. Just when I think the cold is over, I've started getting a little irritation in my chest with a tiny cough, and that starts turning into a deeper cough that hurts. I woke up at 2am feeling very mucous-y and couldn't go back to sleep, and then when the cough stabbed my chest I knew I needed to get up and breathe steam. I boiled the water and put a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl, then added 2cm of the water and covered my head with a towel. After breathing it for 5 minutes or so my chest felt easier. I did the dishes, boiled some more water, breathed some more steam, still didn't feel sleepy, came to the computer. Now it's almost 6:30 and no point going back to bed since I'll have to get up again in an hour. Damn. And we have to leave here by 10 am.

Okay, I gotta get outta here.

1 Comments:

At 18/2/05 20:42, Blogger B2 said...

Perfect tunes for a blogger at Yam HaMelach:

I ran my mouth off a bit too much oh what can i say
Well you just laughed it off it was all ok

And we'll all float on ok
And we'll all float on ok
And we'll all float on ok
And we'll all float on any way well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home