Wednesday, April 6

a new record

7:55 am. That's what time I swiped in today.

How did I do it? I'll share this with you, because I'm getting this down to a fine art:

1. Wake up before alarm, so that you're not awakened in the middle of a dream. This is important, because being awakened during a dream is an absolute message to your mind that you haven't had enough sleep, and it's agony to get out of bed when your mind AND your body are telling you it's a bad idea.

2. Do not wash dishes or clean up kitchen mess from previous day. Allow housemates to enjoy the fruits of their sloth.

3. Do not make coffee or eat breakfast. That's what work time is for. (That, and blogging.)

4. Avoid all conversations with housemates. They will slow you down with questions about responsibilities you need to ignore in the interests of making good time to your day job.

5. Don't waste precious moments warming up the car. Just hit the traffic and keep weaving!

[YAWN] must. get. coffee. now.

6 Comments:

At 7/4/05 16:31, Blogger squarepeg said...

oh yeah, and I forgot #6: Do not apply makeup before leaving the house; otherwise, red lights will be wasted time.

 
At 7/4/05 19:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is totally funny. I remember I used to drive in the winter (yes once I had a car) and I would get rolling before the heater warmed up the windshield enough to prevent moisture condensing on the front window. Fortunately nobody was run over while I saved myself the five minutes of waiting.
--Giant speck in the universe--

 
At 9/4/05 19:51, Blogger Lioness said...

Funny thing. The mornings when I cannot remember what I dreamt of mean that it will be a ghastly day bcs I didn't sleep properly. So we're on opposite ends I suppose.

 
At 10/4/05 01:29, Blogger B2 said...

Oh, just get up a little earlier... missing communication with "housemates" and cleaning up have their own rewards, as does breakfast at home.

 
At 10/4/05 17:23, Blogger squarepeg said...

but i'm already getting up at the crack of dawn. surely there's a limit?? I did meet someone last week who's already at work by 5:30am so that she can pick her kid up at 3pm. What are we driving ourselves to?

 
At 11/4/05 07:21, Blogger sirbarrett said...

I hate, HATE when I wake up in the middle of a dream. It feels like being mentally killed, really. Is it cold in Israel? Why do you have to warm up your car? Don't. Here in Canada we pollute a lot because people warm up there car, but now it's warming up so I'll be trading the car in for a bike soon. Then I'll have to wake up even earlier to get to work -like 6am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home